
We were having a picnic on Mt. Charleston and this little guy wanted to get in on it. He was very persistent, but in the end only ended up getting our crumbs.

For some reason as a science teacher you think that you've seen/heard of most of the terrifyingly weird creatures that exist, but I had never experienced these guys. I think they're called Fox Bats and have a wingspan of over 4 feet. Imagine that flying at you!! Perhaps they're especially terrifying to me because we have a lot of bats here at dusk that like to dive bomb you as you're out taking a walk. P.S. - these were at the Columbus Zoo

Pretty Birds - Columbus Zoo

This owl never came out from behind the tree, but look at the size of those FEET!! I know it's hard to tell the scale, but they were each about 8 in across. I'm pretty sure this guy could pick up a small child if he wanted to.

Perhaps a bearded dragon? That's Adam's guess. Also at the Columbus Zoo.

This is from our front yard zoo. This roadrunner likes to frequent our yard and make funny squaking/clicking sounds. Up until about 2 years ago I had never seen a real one, but they're easily identifiable as they really do run just like the roadrunner on loony tunes.

And he/she's off ...

...and running down the road

Burro babies. There are TONS of babies in Blue Diamond this year. So many in fact that the BLM is trying to decide what to do with them because the herd size is too big. I'll keep you posted. The babies are super cute though. They remind me of puppies because they like to chase each other around and roll around in the dirt.
5 comments:
i love that sequence of the roadrunner! where's that lil fella been lately?!
I don't know! Was seeing him pretty regularly for a while!
Ha ha! Don't you guys live together? Conversing via blog.... ;)
Just kidding.
I love all of the animal pictures. When were you in Columbus last? Also you can tell the BLM to send us a couple of baby burro's!
Sarah, yes, our stuff resides in the same house and we periodically do cross paths, however with both of our work schedules sometimes it's a while! I'll be sure to let the BLM know of your request:)
Oh my word, LeAnna - those burro's are too cute! I think Arlo should have one! Hope school is going OK, both kinds...I feel like I am in some movie called the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. It is OK, though. I just never get used to the amount of work and the intensity of the day. It was fun to see Adam for a few hours. I don't want to wish my life away, or the winter here, but I can't wait for everyone to be home over the holidays. Love, Karen
Post a Comment