Saturday, November 19, 2011

Some Photos from the Past Month

I love when it's cloudy in Red Rock.



Interesting graffiti at Red Rock overlook



Adam and I took a trip the Utah hills a few weekends ago - this is the Snake Pit climbing area...luckily no snakes that I saw!

While driving home we came across an old gypsum mine/hole.  I was in all my nerdy glory and brought home probably 10 pounds.  Pretty cool to see the vein.


Dan Russel once again hooked us up with a nice evening at his aunt and uncle's house out here.  Adam and Pete were lookers!!
I think Pete won the award for best shoes.


Dan's aunt and uncle put on a fundraiser for M.D. Anderson Cancer center at the Wynn the next day where Larry King interviewed Football Hall of Fame-er Franco Harris.  Probably the most awkward interview I've ever witnessed.
However, Franco was super nice when I stalked him afterward to get an autograph for my Grandpa who's a big Steelers fan.

2 comments:

K said...

Nice to see that somebody else is still blogging. Your red rocks pics are great. i really like the first one with the yellow flowers. are they globe mallow? we're looking forward to seeing you guys for winter break.

Karen and Pat said...

Great set of pictures! Red Rock looking awesome, as always. Love the gypsum pictures also. Some party you guys went to. A chance to see how the other 1/2 lives - although if the shoes are requisite, I might pass. Can't WAIT to see you guys at Christmas. Love you :-)