There's something about precipitation that makes you feel a bit more grounded. A little more connected to the earth and vulnerable. I never noticed it until I moved to the desert, where we have about 360 days of sun (not complaining). It's been cloudy and rainy here for the last 3 days and it's supposed to continue for about 2 more. These are the most consecutive days I've seen it like this since I moved here. I guess things also seem a bit more dramatic out here because the mountains usually look pretty menacing shrouded in clouds and snow. I took a trip out to Red Rock again today and took some pics. In other news, I applied for grad school...cross your fingers. I applied to UNLV for School Counseling. I guess you have to go through 3 rounds of interviews before they even let you into the program. I don't really know when I should hear something, but I hope it's soon b/c I'm really anxious to get started. Adam is still in Mexico climbing and having a great time. That's all for now! -oh and all of you like myself without photo editing software, check out picnik.com. Free and awesome.
LeAnna - Your pix are beautiful. I really like the one of the turbines from your last set. I tried to send it to school to show my kids but alas...something went amiss. I'll have to try again. Hope all is well. Pat was excited last night that we had warmer weather than Begas. It is 60 some degrees right now, but the front is on its way...love, K
i miss those big dramatic storms that the mojave gets every few years. maybe all the rain will bring on another huge bloom. the first year we lived out there was by far the most beautiful as the orange and red and yellow and purple flowers blanketed the desert. it's raining here too. the result is mud.
3 comments:
LeAnna - Your pix are beautiful. I really like the one of the turbines from your last set. I tried to send it to school to show my kids but alas...something went amiss. I'll have to try again. Hope all is well. Pat was excited last night that we had warmer weather than Begas. It is 60 some degrees right now, but the front is on its way...love, K
Hey! Nice pictures! The black and white turned out really cool especially I think. Believe it or not I'll see you soon. Love you, Adam.
i miss those big dramatic storms that the mojave gets every few years. maybe all the rain will bring on another huge bloom. the first year we lived out there was by far the most beautiful as the orange and red and yellow and purple flowers blanketed the desert. it's raining here too. the result is mud.
Post a Comment